1. Vedomir – Lullaby
2. Sterac – The Secret Life of Machines
3. FunkinEvil – Dusk
4. Kuba Sojka – Don’t Be a Shy
5. Alexander Purkart & Mark Ambrose present Bellringers – Sunrising
6. MATRiXXMAN – A Witness
7. The Beloved – Sun Rising (Jay Shepheard Edit)
8. Womack & Womack – Consciousness of My Consciousness (Matt Fernandez Edit)
9. Aril Brikha – Electrocity
10. Ron Trent – Her
11. Vakula – T H E O Son
12. Maurizio – Domina (Carl Craig Remix)
13. Nina Kraviz – Best Friend (DVS1 Dub Test feat. Naughty Wood)
14. Future Sound of London – Stolen Documents (Casey Anderson Edit)
15. Dexter – X7D
16. Donnacha Costello – Ten Thousand Hours
17. The Timewriter – Tender Wind on a Summernight
13 Lyndhurst Terrace
Central, Hong Kong
Friday, 28 September 2013
11PM – 6AM
Originally from the USA, Devlar is a maestro of Macau‘s underground techno scene, where he has called home for 10 years. Inspired by sounds in Sao Paulo and Berlin, his sophisticated tech house and ear for the interesting have made him a go-to support DJ when the likes of Meat Katie, Layo & Bushwacka or 2000 & One make the rounds at the city’s casinos. While Hong Kongers may recognize him from the Secret Circus events, Devlar’s also toured to far out destinations like Guatemala and Brazil, and his gig history completely reflects the surreal glitz and seedy underground of Macau: from the Playboy Club and House of Dancing Water to Chiang Mai’s “THC Club“… this is gonna be one of those sultry, sinful ones!
Devlar is joined by Humdrum Hong Kong residents Casey Anderson and Ocean Lam. Expect deep house and techno, a much-loved visual show, a relaxing outdoor terrace and unpretentious music lovers dancing til tomorrow.
1. Philip Glass – Knee 1 (Nosaj Thing Remix)
2. Steven Tang – Disconnect to Connect
3. Marcel Dettmann – Vertigo
(Wincent Kunth Remix)
4. Pedestrian – Sliding Down Rainbows
5. Black Jazz Consortium – Tokyo Electric
6. Stardice – Greedy Textures
7. Cosmin TRG – Divided By Design
8. Motor City Drum Ensemble – L.O.V.E.
(Kyle Hall Remix)
9. Massimo Girardi – Little Helper 75-6
10. Fred P. – Project 05
11. Sascha Rydell – Palinka Girl
12. Vakula – New Romantic
13. Glimpse – True South
14. Kresy – Miles In The Galaxy
15. Detroit Swindle – John Doe
16. Lone – Airglow Fires
Check out this video of Hong Kong and Macau by Russian renaissance man Timo Camillo. Filmed during the weekend he played at Midnight & Co. alongside Humdrum, it shows a lot of everyday scenes around the SARs set to a lush ambient soundtrack, also composed by Mr. Camillo.
UPDATE: Timo’s also sent over a recording of his set at Midnight, available on the Mixcloud page of his record label, Dust On Boots. Click below and enjoy!
1. Pantha Du Prince & The Bell Laboratory – Photon
2. Motor City Drum Ensemble – Sp11
3. Tin Man – Futurist Acid
4. Michel Cleis & Salvatore Freda – Sassicaia
5. Minilogue – In a Loving Place
6. The Timewriter – Here Comes The Sun
7. Matthias Meyer & Lee Jones – Basic Chord Tool
8. Underground Resistance – Hardlife (Aaron Carl Remix)
9. Brtschitsch – Twirl
10. Chateau Flight – Cosmic Race
11. Terry Lee Brown Jr. – Here We Go
12. Wax – 50005A
13. John Tejada – The Function and The Form
14. Age – Transmitter-Love
13 Lyndhurst Terrace
Central, Hong Kong
Saturday, 6 April 2013 10PM – 6AM (Live music begins early!)
$180 at door
W2 and Humdrum Hong Kong join forces for our third party in a row to feature outstanding Berlin DJs and performers: First is recent Kompakt signee Dave DK, who has enjoyed longtime DJ residencies at Berlin’s legendary clubs like Tresor and Panorama Bar, as well as Glitterbug, a true electronic artist creating melodic, cinematic live techno with a pile of analogue synthesizers alongside his VJ Ronni Shendar for a complete audio-visual experience! Expect experimental, melodic techno and deep house, rounded out with support from three of Hong Kong’s most “outside-the-box” DJs: Wendy Wenn, Ocean Lam, and Casey Anderson.
DJ & producer Dave DK has been making waves in the world’s electronic music capital for more than a decade. First trying his hand at DJing in 1995 at the tender age of 17, by 1999 the Berliner had earned residency at the Tresor/Globus Club, and later at the legendary Panorama Bar. He takes an open-minded approach to DJing and production, resenting musical limits and avoiding being stuck in one style. “I have a passion for the wide range between house and techno as well as pop music and dancefloor stuff of the early 90’s“, says Dave. With 15 years of producing all kinds of house and techno tracks, his diverse releases have found homes on labels like Mood Music, Television Records, Cadeaux, Playhouse, and most recently, Kompakt. Though he’s elegantly juggling a variety of electronic music to create his own style, his tracks often combine tragic melodies with kickin’ grooves that transform your body into a twisting stampede of electricity, with trademark swing and funk.
Glitterbug is a composer, producer, DJ, artist and curator, standing tall in all musical genres he puts his fingers on. Be it deep techno, remixing, ambient works, writing music for films or audio-visual installations, his musical language always resonates with a score-like, visual approach. Though he considers himself a bit of an outsider to the club world, his musical development can be traced back to the late ‘80s illegal acid parties and Cologne’s experimental techno scene of the 90s, as well as a deep love for House, the sound of early Chicago and the late Detroit. His wide range of sounds and flexible improvisation means he is at home whether performing in a gallery or during his recent club show in Tel Aviv opening for Frankie Knuckles. Glitterbug is always found performing next to his longtime VJ, Ronni Shendar, as they silently communicate and each play off the others’ sounds or images. Ronni Shendar is an Israeli visual artist whose works have been presented in exhibitions and festivals internationally (among them the Festival de Cannes and Jewish Museum Frankfurt) and who recently toured with Gold Panda. Together they create very special music somewhere in the epicenter of club music, film soundtracks and live improvisation.